Friday 2 December 2011

Animation developments

I have now started to inbetween the animation. Maya does this automatically but the timings and movements are not how I want them to look. Sometimes, especially where the character is supposed to stay still, the movements are really slow so I will need to adjust that.
I also had to find a way to keep the sword in my character's hand, as at the moment I've tried to animate it seperately but it doesn't stay anywhere near his hand. I asked for help from Sultan and he helped me to create some constraints that would attach the sword either to the character's belt or his hand, depending on which constraint is switched on. This solved the problem.

I've created 2 more cameras, as well as adjusting the ones I already had, to add variety to the animation. I'd decided to do close-up shots when I created my 2D animation so the 2 new cameras are close-ups.

 This is the close-up I will use towards the beginning, where the character is looking proud and arrogant.
This is the close-up I will use at the end of the animation. The character looks embarrassed, then changes to this expression- looking fed-up

No comments:

Post a Comment